.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, November 23, 2012

A Blessed Thanksgiving Day

 We had one of the best holidays! I hope everyone else did too. Everything came together wonderfully and we got to see most of our families together. Wednesday evening was my big dinner. It was just us 3, my dad, and Nick's best friend Terry. It was a lot of hard work making all the food but Nick helped out and it all turned out perfect. My menu included: turkey, dressing, cheesy cornbread, mashed potatoes+gravy, glazed roasted carrots, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, ravioli with ricotta and marinara (our tradition to always have one Italian dish at holidays), and desserts were pumpkin pear spice cake (to DIE for) and pumpkin pie with french vanilla cool whip. SO GOOD.





 (Snuggles was sitting so pretty, I had to take a picture of her)

 I ended up getting called in to work that evening, but thankfully we were done eating and I had already cleaned the kitchen up!

The next day was Thanksgiving and we headed over to my mom's around noon. I picked up my grandma Margie on the way there so she could join us! My brother Shane and nephew Cameron were also there with us.







This is when the day got more interesting! We were planning on driving out to Foster where Nick's parents live (almost 80 miles away) and when my brother heard this, he asked if he could go with us. We said sure! So we said bye to my mom and stepdad. Shane followed us to our house in Norman where he dropped off his truck, then he and Cameron rode with us down there.

When we were about 20 minutes away, Shane informed us that my mom and stepdad were on their way too, and he had been texting them every turn we were making! But then he lost reception and we didn't know where they were (and they had no idea where Nick's parents lived). When we got to the house, my mom got ahold of me and they were just a few miles down the road. We met them in town and they followed me back to the house! Nick's family was just so excited to have all of us there with them! The kids had a great time playing outside and looking at the pond, the girls had a great time talking in the kitchen, and the guys had fun walking around and looking at the new construction.


We stayed there for several hours and came back home after dark. Thankfully I didn't get called in to work for a surgery, but I did have to go in that evening for mandatory paperwork. I still had my camera with me, so I snapped some pictures of the beautiful Christmas lights they have up by my hospital!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a wonderful family!
    PS-You look great in yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...