.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, June 4, 2012

Fruits of My Labor

 This morning I was just so proud of my little container garden that I decided to take some pictures of it for you! 

Here is my tomato plant:

It has one huge tomato growing, 2 tiny new ones, and loads of blooms.


This is my basil plant (which I snipped today to make my sauce with!)

Here is my pride and joy--my eggplant! It has one beautiful eggplant that I swear I can see it growing by the minute, as well as 3 more blooms about to produce.


It's not a fruit, but here are my green onions that I am regrowing from store-bought onions that I cut. These are about two weeks along and are overdue for another harvest!

I started a big batch of sauce cooking this afternoon for dinner tonight....


...and while it was cooking I put our lunch on the grill--chicken kabobs and veggies!


I skewered red/orange/yellow bell peppers, onions, and grape tomatoes. The chicken I cut up yesterday and it has been marinating all night--yum. The foil pack is another first for me and we were all so pleased with the result! In it are cut up red potatoes and carrots sprinkled with rosemary, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and a little bit of oil. I put them on first and took it off last so they would have plenty of time to cook. They turned out perfect--fork tender!

In case you are wondering where my rafting pictures are...we did not go. I had the car packed and my keys in the ignition when I got a text from one of the girls saying that there was rain forecasted and they wanted to reschedule. I had my heart set on spending the day at the river, but there will always be another time! Instead I got to spend time with my boys and swim the afternoon away.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...