.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 12, 2011

Rolls and Crafts

First off is a new recipe I tried tonight that I found on Pinterest and loved it! They are called 30 minute rolls and are yeast rolls from scratch with NO kneading!


They plumped up nicely in the oven and I'm sure if I had made them smaller I could have gotten about 20 rolls from one batch. Here is the recipe (and link to original poster):
*****************************

1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water

1/3 C oil

2 Tbsp yeast

1/4 C sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1 egg

3 1/2 C flour

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour. Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)

Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.

******************************


To go with them I baked onion-crusted chicken and steamed veggies. It was so good and entire dinner took about an hour to make. YUM.

Last Saturday was my last craft show of the year. My mom came to help me run it and we had a great time! There were tons of people there all day and I sold several items. Hey as long as I break even I'm happy! I have recently gotten a lot of orders from the internet and right now I have 9 things to make for 3 different people with more possible orders on the way!


Here is an item that I made today (without a pattern!). I know they would have sold like hotcakes at the craft show but I didn't think about it until a few days before, and didn't have any of the right colors. Hopefully I'll get some sold before Christmas!


As you can see, I have been staying very busy! I work the next 3 days then Friday evening is my work Christmas party at a restaurant on the north side of the city. We are going to get all dolled up and have a great time! Now if we could just get some snow....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...