.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crafts and Giving Thanks

Let me start off with the crafts I got done this week amidst the holiday chaos! I finished this aqua and black mohawk hat for Brad a couple of days ago, and I finally got pictures of him wearing it (while I chased him around the house for about 20 minutes). He looks adorable in it, and it may just fit him next winter too! These are listed in my store for sale *hint hint.



A couple weeks ago mumsy and I took a trip to my fave fabric store when they were having a big Veteran's day sale. Some of what I picked up was fabric to make myself skirts! I finally got one of them done Sunday night. Nothing fancy, just a simple elastic waist and neat hemline. I used my measurements for the length and whatnot. It comes right under my knees, and goes fabulous with my new boots!


On to the holiday photos! Today I took a short nap after work, then got up and Nick helped me make sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and cranberry sauce. We all 3 got dressed in our finest and scooted out the door to be at mom's by 3pm.


My brother Eric and his wife Teri were also there, and the food was plentiful! Mother had been cooking for the last two days, and everything looked (and tasted) wonderful.









After eating, we all relaxed in the living room and digested while we talked for a bit. Some got a bit too relaxed...



We had a great time with our family, and I love the home cooked holidays every year! Tomorrow mother and I are going "Black Friday" shopping--no, not at 3am! She is coming to my house around 8:30am and we are hitting a few stores in Norman just to see what good deals we find. We aren't looking for anything in particular, just getting out to see the crazy shoppers and have a good time together! When I get home, the turkeys are coming down and the Santas are going up!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! ESPECIALLY little man passed out on the floor, lol!

    The skirt is adorable, and it does go great with your boots!

    Glad your holiday was filled with cheer, good times, and great family!

    Love ya!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and all you wrote! What a Thanksgiving feast, huh. We had a wonderful time with you all. Little B looks so adorable in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Sounds like you had a very successful Thanksgiving and so did your momma! I love all the pics!

    Your skirt (and boots) are TOO cute!
    Love the nap pictures its only tradition to crash out during the Turkey hang over!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...