.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 6 AND 7 Floor Redo

I had to put two days together because I can't wait to show you what we did today! Day 5 was yesterday. Hubby surprised me while I was doing laundry and got the rest of the wood laid! Of course with my perfectionism I was nervous about how well he did it. After a couple of adjustments it looked great! I was happy that we didn't have to work on it more that night because I was pooped from working and lack of sleep.

This is the rest that he did:



But it was a little depressing to see all of the crap that we had to put back in place soon after we got the trim on:




DAY 7

Today we put almost all of the trim back on. I measured for how much quarter-round we had to buy and how much length of T-moulding we needed. The moulding turned out PERFECT because we had exactly 19.69 ft of it bought, and we needed 19.67!! While I was nailing in the trim and wrestling with Brad, Nick had the fabulous idea to go around and restain the scratches/dings in all the wood trim and door jambs. It made them look BRAND NEW. Here are some before/after pics:





Told you!!!!!!!!! It looks so beautimous. Don't worry, I've got lots more pics! So we went to Lowe's to get the final things to finish. I had a coupon for $25 off a purchase of $250 so we decided to go ahead and get a rug for the living room. We also got these decorative Victorian floor vents, but we have to return them for a different size because they aren't wide enough.


Here is our new living room rug!! It is huge-- 7 1/2ft by almost 11 ft!! I love the colors and design. Plus it's soft!


We also picked up a rug for the dining room. I checked out the indoor/outdoor rugs since there will be food spillage, but those rugs blew. So I just went ahead and got a simple solid cream colored rug. I wanted to get solid so that I am not limited in fabric designs for when I REUPHOLSTER the chairs!!!!!!



My piano made it safely back to it's rightful place. I thought about getting another small accent rug to put under the piano bench.



And here is the breakfast area (with all of our empty boxes that have nowhere to go).


So what do you think?? Tell me your thoughts on the color and difference compared to the carpet that was there. Does it look like we did a good job for our first time ever doing something like this--much less by ourselves!??
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kandace your home looks fabulous! You and your hubby did a wonderful job on the flooring. Nick made your wood look so fresh and new again I LOVE IT! The rugs you picked out really accent your home nicely! I love the colors and the design of the rug in your living room! I can't wait to see it in person! Great job now kick back and have a glass of wine after all that hard work sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome! This is so much work, I can definitely appreciate it!

    here is the new link to my new blog:

    http://threelittlebearsstonecottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...