.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 5 Floor Fun

These are a couple days old, but bear with me! As I said before, we really got a lot accomplished on day 5. We only had a few tricky parts that took up most of the time. This is one of them:


There is a little partition that divides the entry way from the living room. Because of the direction the flooring is going, we had to backtrack around it and try to get everything to line up. It was pretty hard but with some elbow grease and hard teamwork we got it to fit!

At the end of the day, we had to stop earlier than anticipated because we ran out of the underlayment that goes under the floor on top of the concrete. But this is all we had left!



I think little bubba approves of the floor. He had a fun time crawling all over the house and grabbing all of our tools to chew on them and bang them.


And I finally got a picture of him standing! He has been doing this for a couple months now, but I never could capture it. He can stand for up to a minute or so unsupported, then he plops down on his butt. He still hasn't attempted to take any steps, but I'm sure when he does that he'll be walking in no time!


I worked 13 hours Sunday night, then 14 hours last night (as charge nurse). Today I finally had a day off but there was laundry to be done! I slept about 4 hours then got up and headed to mumsy's with the car full. When I called Nick in the evening to let him know I would be heading home, he informed me that while I was away he had finished laying the flooring!!! How sweet is he?? I thought we were going to knock it out tomorrow on my last day off, but now all we have to do is the T-moulding and the trim! Yay!

Also in life happenings, our pool is broken!! Nick is in charge of the maintenance of it. We have had a problem all summer with the filter sand coming out into the pool through the jets. Well yesterday when he was vacuuming it, the handle on the filter to change the settings broke off. He took it to the pool store today to find out how to replace/fix it and they informed us that the filter is from the 1970's! So it seems the pool was installed when the house was built in 1976. I can't believe it has lasted this long. To replace the handle would be over $350. But they had a catalog of filter parts, and Nick was able to order the parts we need to rebuild it! And it turns out there was a broken gasket that was making the sand leak out. So after the parts come in and Nick figures out how to fix it, we hope that the filter runs better and we can enjoy our pool for a bit more this summer! Especially since my overtime shifts will be done after this week. That's it for now!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking your blog, but crappy about commenting! I love the flooring... you both did a great job!

    Love the picture of B playing with the tools! And, you're right, that standing on his own & cruising the furniture.... he'll be RUNNING soon! :)

    Hope you get a bit of rest on your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flooring looks great! I can't wait to see the end result! As for your pool-oh no sounds like you all were very lucky to have had previous owners who took such good care of the pool to last this long! Good luck with fixing the pool and little B looks so darn cute as always! I can't wait to hear the blog of his first steps! =)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...