.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, May 1, 2010

Roses, Vacation, and Crafts!

First my happy boy!


Some roses my hubby cut out of our backyard....


Now for the best part!! I am very excited to say that we are taking a family roadtrip to Lake Texoma (on the border of Texas/Oklahoma for those out of state) in June with my mom, stepdad, brother Eric and his wife! We are all splitting a lake house by the water and renting a pontoon boat for a day. We will be there 4 days and 3 nights. It's only a little over 2 hrs away.


This house was by far the best deal that I found. It is on the Texas side of the lake, and is already booked up the whole summer except for a couple of weeks!! It is 2800 sq. ft, 4 bed/2 bath. Has a 12 seat dining table, huge fully equipped kitchen, flat screen TV w/DVD player (and wifi), and a big patio with chairs, a chiminea, and a grill! It is just a short walk to the sandy beach. Cannot wait to get away!!

We have been overdue for a trip--our last one was to Biloxi, MS last October. The drive was so long each way that we were exhausted when we got home! Plus Brad was only 3 months old, so he was still a little handfull. Now adays he is a hoot to watch crawl around and everyone will have fun playing with him. We are going to get him a little life vest to wear on the boat, and I'm sure he'll love building "sand castles" on the beach! Now I just need to find him a little sun hat with a chin strap...

On the craft side, a friend at work requested a John Deere theme taggie blanket for her 8 month old boy. So while out and about, I found this adorable soft flannel print and got some matching ribbon. This is what I came up with!


I got a half yard of fabric, so out of the leftover scraps I made a matching bib and plush cube toy. She got it last night and loves it! The taggie blanket is available (choose your own colors) in my store if you likey!

The coworker that I did my craft show with last week asked me to embroider her name on a work jacket. I am always a little nervous sewing on other people's clothes because I'm afraid my machine is going to flip out and ruin it! She let me know this jacket was not cheap, so I was a little anxious! Other than her last name being too long to fit in, it turned out great and she will be picking it up tonight.


To end with: who doesn't LOVE a sleeping baby!!!!????


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The lake house looks amazing! Lake Texoma is a pretty nice lake-good fishing out there! My step sister has a house out there that we go and stay at every once in a while its pretty close to the lake too! Enjoy your vacation you all deserve it! Your baby is precious as usual! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...