.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Scrappers Unite

Sorry for the hiatus I've been on I really don't know what happens to my time. This past week I have been busy crocheting and knitting little things for some birthdays coming up, and I got three more orders for hats so that is always nice!! And I am proud to say that I have finally jumped back into scrapbooking since I am slightly behind...

The way I am doing pictures now that we have Bradley is a bit different. You know how mothers think every single picture of their baby is the cutest? Well I am guilty of that too, but I know that I can not clog up our regular albums with random pictures of cuteness. So what I am going to do is have an ongoing "family" album with holidays, birthdays, and vacations in it. Then I have an ongoing "growth" album for Bradley where his monthly pics and milestones (like sitting, eating solids, crawling, etc) will be, and THEN I have a regular slip-the-pics-in big fat album just for all his cute little stuff that I don't have to worry about fussing with! I think it should work out good.

Over the years I have played with all different sizes of albums to see what I like best, and what is more scrapper-friendly. I tend to do 8x8's for single events, like when I went to Jamaica, or when we went to Italy. Then our ongoing one is 8.5x11 because that is a bigger page to fit more pictures on. I have done a couple 12x12 and I can officially say I do not like them. It is too much room to fill up--I get overwhelmed just looking at each blank page! And the stupid things don't even fit in my bookcase so I do not do them anymore.

That is the funny thing about scrapbooking for so long--the different things that come out through the years. Back in the day, my mom and I used to scrapbook before scrapbooking was cool. You had VERY limited options. I'm talking construction paper, and some tacky stickers and stencils. We made do with what we had, but when I look back at it now, it looks very dated--kind of like when you look at a picture of yourself from the 90's....HAHA. So yeah, now days there is all kinds of fancy doodads and whatsits that you can buy to make your page as fancy or as elegant as you want. And man let me tell you those things can get expensive!!

I strictly stick to sales and refuse to buy anything full price. Everytime I go to the craft store, I peruse the scrapbooking aisles just to see if anything speaks to me, or to pick up stickers and embellishments for things that I know I will be doing in the future. Like recently I've been keeping my eye out for GRADUATION stuff since hubby will become a college graduate in December!! Yay! Also I'm looking for cute birthday/first birthday type stuff since you-know-who will be ONE in June...yikes.

Yep, so that's what I've been doing lately! Sorry I don't have any pics right now to show you, just a lot of reading! And if you read all of this, thank you :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Coffee and chit chatFebruary 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM

    Love reading this! Hey, I have several 8x8 photo books that I'm strongly considering giving to you, with fillers too. Want them? You can look them over at girl's nite, ok. Glad your wkend is over! Can't wait to see ya Mon! muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it all! :)
    I love the way you scrapbook- and I especially love the cuteness you clog your book up with! Bradley is beyond adorable--- nothing like that mother's only thing that people talk about, lol.

    looking forward to visiting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...