.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Halfway to a Year! (And Crafts Too)

Isn't he just the cutest little thing you ever did see?? I think I say that every time... Yes friends the light of my eye is now 6 months old and I don't think we could possibly love him anymore! His checkup was Monday and he got 2 shots. Here are his stats:

17lb 8oz
26 in

At 6 months you:
  • are done nursing and on to formula/solids
  • have eaten applesauce, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas, and squash (all homemade)
  • go to bed between 8-9pm and sleep about 12 hours
  • take a 1 hour nap around noon, and again around 4pm
  • can sit up pretty well on your own
  • still don't like being on your tummy
  • can hold your own bottle
  • are wearing size 3 diapers
  • still just have 2 bottom teeth
  • love to grab grandma's earrings and necklace
  • can now successfully sit in the seat of the shopping cart


He still has those beautiful blue eyes! They haven't changed at all, and I'm hoping they don't because I love my boys with brown hair and blue eyes.

Daddy {finally} put together his highchair a few days ago, and he loves to sit in it and eat like a big boy! It was a present from my coworkers and I foresee us enjoying it for a long time! The seat can recline or sit straight up, and you can raise or lower it.


Now for crafts! I have been busy busy these last few weeks, and one thing that I took way too long to start was stockings! I wanted to make embroidered stockings for Bradley and I. Nick didn't want a new one because he loves the one I made him back in the day when we first got married. Well I finally found the fabric and embellishments that I like and I got on it!

I wanted to use bullion fringe for the "cuff" instead of your typical cuff; I think it gives it a nice touch. I just happened to have thread that was the exact gold as in the fabric. The green tree I appliqued on is the other fabric that I am making Bradley's stocking out of, and it will have a red tree on it. Hope you like!

As a present for my mom, I had her pick out a nice blouse that she liked so that I could take it home and add a little touch to it. She loves cardinals so I picked this design and added her name. That way she can wear it beyond Christmas through the winter:


I also finally embroidered my name and such on my work jacket. The hospital charges about $30 if you buy one through them, so I thought I would just do my own! I was very happy to find a caduceus to embroider.


And this is a hat I crocheted for my niece's first birthday next month. I am also going to attempt to sew her some summer dresses that are lacy and cute (since I can't get away with doing that for my boy).


This is something I did for almost all the children in the family. My mom bought a bunch of fleece and microplush blankets for them, and I embroidered each person's name on there to personalize it (and so they wouldn't fight over it). This one turned out the cutest because of the colors:


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! What a big boy! He is so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradley is just looking sweeter and sweeter all the time! Love all the crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...