.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Working, Wedding Presents and Baby Sneezes

We kind of bypassed the "12 Week" marker, for that I apologize! But this Saturday is the big **3 month** day so we'll make up for it then! First off, here is the most recent picture of my growing boy:


I am officially back to work now. I started last Friday night and I have to admit, I kind of wanted to throw up on the way there because I was so nervous. Thankfully it all came back to me and I had a pretty easy assignment. I guess it's like riding a bike! I remembered my routine and had excellent time management. Of course I had to fit in calling my husband every hour though :)

All in all, he did very well with Bradley over the weekend. He only has to feed him twice and then it's bedtime around 11pm. We have him into a pretty good routine so he doesn't give us any trouble going to bed now! And thank you so much Jesus it is getting a bit earlier and earlier every week. We are so blessed that he sleeps good at night--I hear so many stories of the babies that don't sleep at night for months.

For me on the other hand...I get VERY little sleep during the day because I feed him when I get home around 8am...and then around 11am...and then around 2pm...and usually after that I can't go back to sleep so I get up then work all night and do it again the next day. And since I'm just working Friday and Saturday nights right now, I get up around noon on Sunday so that I can switch back over to a regular schedule. Did I mention that I suck at naps so on Friday I am up from 8am until 8am the next day? Yeah. And whenever I have to work a weekday, I will have to stay up until noon the next day to wait for Nick to get home from school before I can sleep. *sigh*

Anywho, a coworker is getting married next month so some of us are rounding up presents for an impromptu bridal shower. I had the grand idea of monogramming a set of bath towels/handtowels/washcloths! I think they turned out fabulous:
Her new last name is going to be "Fry". After folding them, I wrapped a beautiful ribbon all around and packaged them into this adorable giftbag!

While we are on the subject of crafts, you recall the Batman costume I am making Bradley? Well we have had a minor setback. Evidently the plain white Gerber onesies you can buy are LYING when they say 3-6 months. Maybe if your child is skinnier than Nichole Richie. Of course I had already dyed the stupid thing grey for the costume before I tried it on him. That's what I get for trusting Gerber. I couldn't even get the stupid thing buttoned!!! But I'm sure if I had, the neck would have been pulled down so low he would have cleavage! Grrrr. So now, I have to go buy MORE onesies (6-9 months this time) and MORE grey dye and dye them once again. I'm glad I got started early!

I leave you with a cute video. Thank you and goodnight :)




3 comments:

  1. AHhhhhhhhhhh little man is sooo cute! I can't believe I even love his sneezes! :O)
    see you tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so adorable! I know what you mean about Gerber. I don't know who determines their sizes there at Gerber Corporation, but they need to be fired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened across your blog---don't ask me how--I'm really not sure, but you should try some onesie extenders. It would work for your batman costume and for a year or so afterwards too. I got some at babyinbetweens.com and LOVE them. My little guy is so long (and a chub too) so if it's really just a matter of the onesie being too short right now the extender would add a few inches and that should work until Halloween. Just an idea. :) I give these things to all of my friends at baby showers now.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...