.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Post #100

100 posts in one year--not too bad! I started this blog as a record for my IVF, and as an outlet for my thoughts and happenings. It is time for reflection...time to look backwards and remember what I was doing on this day last year.

September 15, 2008 was the first day of my last cycle. It was a BIG day for us because the timing had to be just right on all of the stimulants I was taking for the IVF. I remember by the end of the day I had already figured that if I were to get pregnant, my due date would be June 22, 2009. And by the grace of God that cycle worked and now our lives have forever been changed by our precious little boy!

In other news, I go back to work on Friday...*sigh*. I guess it's just the "mom" jitters because I know Nick can handle Bradley, and I'm sure he will be able to put him to bed...but I won't be there for it. I mean, I have been the one to put him to bed every night of his little life so far! I just hope everything works out smoothly and that I eventually relax.

Picture time! My mother and I are big holiday nerds, and we love to decorate for the fall and winter holidays. We usually wait till Oct. 1 to decorate for fall/Halloween, but this year we got extra ansy and decided to do it early! So a few days ago I helped her do her house, and she helped me do mine:





Yes I even decorated my son. Those two pillows behind him are some of my first sewing adventures many years ago. As soon as Halloween is over, I will take down the jack-o-lanterns and put up my turkey stuff to go with the fall decor. Can't wait! And of course, there is a pumpkin spice candle burning in the background...

Lastly, Bradley and I will be accompanying my mother on a flight to Cincinnati, OH in a couple of weeks! My mother's parents and sister live there and we only see each other every few years. It's kind of a spontaneous trip and we are leaving the big boys at home. We are leaving on the 28th and returning on the 1st. Let's hope my little guy does well on the plane and at the airport!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! I love your background, it's sooo cute! I LOVE HOW YOUR HOUSE IS DECORATED! And little man is, as always, as handsome as ever! I can't wait to see you all on Thursday! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks very warm and cozy!! I love the decorations!!! Mr Bradley is the CUTEST as always!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...