.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, August 15, 2009

7 Weeks, The Park, and Crafts

Yes he is already 7 weeks old! Thank you Jesus he is still sleeping 6-8 hours at a time at night...except that he doesn't like to go to bed until about 1am! We are working on that next. He kind of snoozes off and on through the beginning of the day, then is usually wide awake the rest of the evening until bed. And still eating nonstop. I feel like a dairy cow :)

As for crafts, I am almost done working on a wide array of bibs and burp cloths. Most are gifts for other babies, I made a couple for Bradley though. I have been experimenting with different patterns, and fabrics, and stitches...and bias tape! That stuff is kind of hard to do around curves but it looks very nice when you are done. Thanks to Youtube I learned what to do with it.


I embroidered them with the baby's name and on some I added a little picture. I absolutely LOVE my machine!! Best birthday present ever.


If you click on this one ^ you can see the detail better. The two blue bibs aren't done yet, but the pink one is. I put lace around the edge, and ribbon for the tie. Some have asked about patterns...I really didn't use a pattern. I just cut out a basic bib shape for the bibs, and burp cloths are kind of a peanut shape. There are several different ways to do the bibs depending on how you want it to secure in the back. I am making them with ties but you can do snaps, buttons, velcro, etc.

After dinner we went on a family outing to the local park! The weather was actually tolerable and there was a nice breeze.


He may have gotten a little tan out there! After that, Bradley and I headed over to grandma's house to hang out with her and my friend Sara. I showed them the bibs and stuff, then we chatted for a bit before we headed home.


That's it for now! Nick starts his classes on Monday so he will be gone M-F from 8am-4pm. Hopefully my little guy doesn't give me too much trouble while his daddy is gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...