.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our First Family Holiday

I hope everyone had a fun (and safe) July 4th. For those in central Oklahoma, you may have been disappointingly rained out! Unfortunately the much needed showers came right around sunset but most had cleared out before it was too late to pop fireworks.

Our tradition for the last several years is to buy some fireworks with my dad then go out to his land in Tuttle and eat/cookout then pop off fireworks after dark. This year was our first time with Bradley, and my brother and his wife joined us.

My brother grilled burgers and had a canopy set up so that we wouldn't get wet. By 9:30pm or so the rain had calmed down to a gently sprinkle so we commenced the fireworks. It eventually stopped and we didn't have any problems with it. Bradley had been fussy the whole day, but thankfully he slept on the drive there, throughout all the fireworks (inside the house), and the whole way home!! I'm so glad he isn't bothered by noises while he is sleeping.

We've been trying out using our bassinet to put Bradley to sleep in so that we can at least get a couple of hours in the same bed. He usually goes down around midnight for a couple of hours. Since he has been home, he has mostly stayed awake between the hours of 2am-6am every night. But last night he was a good boy and actually went back to sleep for a couple more hours after his 3am feeding! Unfortunately for me, I may have mentioned before I am unable to switch off my brain on command to go to sleep, so even when I have a chance to catch some much needed ZZZ's, I usually cannot. I even tried counting sheep, ha!

And thank God for technology! So far, he loves his vibrating bouncer seat for those times he is awake and quietly looking around. And today, daddy put together his rocking swing and he seems to like it for those times he is on the verge of sleeping and a little fussy. It even plays music or nature sounds! Whenever he gets a little older, we have a Johnny Jumper thing (that goes in the doorway) that I'm sure he'll adore.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your little bundle of joy learns to like sleeping! :O) Maybe it's because he's a tummy sleeper like his momma, and he's not old enough to get away with it....
    I can't believe he's almost 2 weeks old already!
    You & I must get together soon!
    XOXO
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay the bouncer works! He will learn to sleep eventually, then when he's a teenager all he will want to do is sleep! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...