.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our First Date Night

Our little man is 3 1/2 weeks old, and tonight was our first date night to dinner with a babysitter!! The occasion was my hubby's 28th bday, and the babysitter was grandma. She was happy to watch him, even though he had a small diaper blowout...she understands.


We got all cleaned up and dropped him off, then we headed out to one our favorite Italian restaurants--Zio's. I had the artichoke spinach pasta with a salad and water, and he had chicken alfredo. We decided to get a little crazy and shared a Bellini afterwards--those are delish! We packed up our leftovers, then walked around a bit at Walmart before heading back to pick up our baby.


This is him passed out on Sunday. I had a surprise bday party for Nick and invited close family to come and have cake/ice cream with us. We had a good time, and Bradley got passed around between all of the relatives. Don't you love his little polo onsie!!??

On the craft front, I finished my pregnancy scrapbook, and I think it turned out quite nice! The next one to do is his birth and coming home pictures. I am waiting on them to come in the mail from Shutterfly. I am also waiting on his birth announcements to come, and as soon as they do I am getting those in the mail.

Remember that elusive black dresser that was out of stock forever? Well I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, and it is now ready to pick up!! We are going to pick it up on Friday, and hopefully get it put together that evening. That way we can get the last of the boxes and chaos out of our bedroom.




4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I'd love to see the pregnancy journal!! I've done some of the background pages, but haven't done much more on mine. Thankfully, I've kept up on my blog to fill in later on!

    Congrats on the successful date night! Were you a nervous wreck?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to go out! Grandmas are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog...Love making new blog friends....

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...