.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, August 1, 2009

5 Weeks and More Crafts

The Bradmeister is 5 weeks old today! He is doing very well, and getting cuter by the day. He's a perfect little angel...except for his wacked up sleep schedule!! But hey that's what babies do, right?

So today I went to a fabric outlet and got lots o' fabric to make fancy things. The first thing I fashioned was a sling! I looked up some simple patterns on the internet and made one, kind of as my prototype. I like it, and it's functional, but my next one will probably be a little different. And I need bigger rings--they are hard to find. Here is my little man enjoying being "worn":

Next are some wall decorations. I'm pretty proud of how these turned out. Kind of modern, but what I did is got a pack of 4 10"x12" styrofoam squares at Hobby Lobby. Then at the fabric store I picked a turquoise and brown pattern that matches our bedroom. I cut them to fit and pinned the excess in the back. Then I hammered a nail in the wall and jammed the stryofoam on top and voila--art! I think they turned out quite well. You can do this with any size styrofoam and any fabric pattern to match anything!


The last things I got was some flannel and fleece. I got these because I am going to sew my own reusable nursing pads. I am flying through the disposable ones I got at my shower, and I read on the internet that flannel and fleece are pretty absorbent. So I got some and washed it, and tomorrow I am going to attempt to make those. Shouldn't be too hard, and no one's going to see it but me!

To end the evening, Bradley and I headed to my mother's house to hang out with her for a bit. Bradley was awake the whole time (and is still awake at 11:30pm) and enjoyed looking around.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is so adorable!! I'm totally going to steal your wall art idea if you don't mind. I'll give you all the credit though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and well your little guy is so precious!! Love your wall art and the sling looks great and what a clever idea to make your own reusable nursing pads. Can't wait to hear how they turn out.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...