.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, June 8, 2009

Only 2 Weeks Left

38 weeks is here, and let me say--I'm ready! Here are the updates:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

My belly is looking quite enormous these days, as are my ankles. They are fine right after I wake up, but after a couple of hours--especially at work--they are huge. Ugh. It feels like something is wrapped around my ankle! But other than that I really can't complain at all.

My friend Ashley at work that was 2 weeks ahead of me had her baby this morning. Everything went very well with hers, but she was 3 days overdue. She also had a very uneventful pregnancy like me. I'm next!

The moving is in progress--we have about all the boxes we need, and I am calling the movers tomorrow to try and do it Friday morning. I would do it Thursday but that's my birthday! It seems like this year my birthday is kind of slipping past the radar with everyone, but that's ok b/c there are a lot of other important things going on right now.

My next OB checkup is Wednesday so I am anxious to see if there have been any cervical changes. I have STILL not had any Braxton-Hicks (that I'm aware of) but I have been feeling a lot of "twinges" down there. And as far as lightening/dropping, I think he may have but I'm not sure. I am peeing slightly more now, plus the frequent twinges. I think I carried him low this whole time and I read this when you carry low it can be harder to tell when you officially "drop". Maybe my doc can tell me...

So wish me and my cervix luck, a happy birthday, and an easy move!

**Only 9 more days till I start maternity leave!!**

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I can't believe you are this close! I am so excited for you and can't wait for your little man to enter this world. I know after all you and your hubby have been through, he will never be loved more than you two will love that baby! Love ya sister!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...