.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finally!

Well after much debate and one episode of being "out-of-stock", I finally purchased the crib for Bradley.


Of course this is without the drop down rail but you get the idea. It is a 4-in-1 and makes a very nice looking full-size bed. It should be ready to pick up in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Last night was our first childbirth class. No this is not Lamaze...they call it "Prepared Childbirth". It educates us on what the body goes through during labor/delivery, our options throughout everything, where things are in the hospital, etc. Everyone in the group seems very nice, and I even have a coworker in there with me! Out of about 10 couples, we are one of two that are having a boy. Nick, being the slightly antisocial creature that he is, was very nervous and out of place at first...but after they gave us some punch and cookies, he loosened up a bit! I think he'll do ok :)

My plan for today is to go to our future house and prepare the room for painting! Just picture a house from the 1960's that hasn't been updated/redecorated since then, and probably hasn't been dusted since Reagan was in office. So my job today is much dusting, vacuuming, and masking off trim. Tomorrow Nick and I will do the painting, and hopefully get two of the bedrooms knocked out. Next is curtains, then furniture...I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Eww about having to clean all day! LOL At least it's exciting knowing WHY you're cleaning it! And then all the crisp, new paint on the walls! That's exciting.

    Love the crib! I had picked one out, but since we got that changing table given to us... I have to repick a crib to at least match it somewhat! :)

    I'm starting to check into birthing classes... glad to hear your's went well!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...