.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, April 13, 2009

The Countdown Begins! --10 weeks left

30 weeks is here, and I still can not even believe I am pregnant!!! It has absolutely flown by and I'm sad to see the end of pregnancy coming near. But on the other hand, I can't wait to hold my little boy! Here are the updates:


Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)


Little Bradley is doing well--his bedroom will finally get painted this week! I hope to buy his crib within a couple of weeks. I was going to do white furniture, but I have changed to oak-colored just for ease. I recently bought a fancy new sewing/embroidery machine, and will be fashioning custom curtains and cushions (among other things) for the nursery soon.

My 7 1/2 month checkup was today and thank you Jesus I do NOT have gestational diabetes! My blood pressure is still fabulous, and current weight gain is at about 17-18lbs. No stretch marks either :) I think I'll do maternity pics in a few more weeks when I get a little bigger.

Lastly, we went ahead and listed our house on the MLS today. It has been for sale for about 4 weeks now but has not been on the MLS because we wanted to see how it would go. Unfortunately now if a realtor sells the house then we have to pay them 3% on top of our fee to our realtor. But on the upside, our house will get tons more exposure, and there is still a chance that a buyer will find it and buy directly through our people! We are praying it sells quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...