.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, April 6, 2009

Butternut Baby

29 weeks is here, and only 77 days to go until Bradley is due!! I asked Nick the other day, "Is it bad that I want him here now so that I can hold him?" HA! He's not quite done cooking yet but he's getting close. Here are the weekly updates:


Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Tomorrow is our repeat 3d ultrasound, so keep your fingers crossed that his appendages are not covering his cute little face! If all goes well, I will post the pics afterwards.

Otherwise things are going well for us. Nick is doing good in school--still looking for part time work which is harder than it sounds right now. I have been keeping busy with my job. I am still doing the 12 hour shifts 40-50 hours a week. Might as well keep it up as long as I can! I'm very thankful that the pregnancy has been so kind to me.

It really seems right now that literally everyone around me is pregnant! At work, there is a day nurse who is 2 weeks ahead of me, a night nurse who just found out she is expecting, and my friend Tammi, our night tech, who is two months behind me. Then there is like 2 respiratory therapists who are pregnant, and the xray girl just told me she's pregnant....good Lord. I tell you if my IVF hadn't worked I would be going insane right about now!

As for me, I am up about 16lbs now, and tomorrow morning I am going to try and get in to my lab to do the stupid 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Ugh. Not my idea of a fun morning. And next week is when we start the childbirth classes! My baby shower is in about 3 weeks, and the second my friend Sara gets the invitations done we are mailing them out. My work friends are throwing a shower for me the beginning of May. That's it for now, check back tomorrow to see how the US went!

2 comments:

  1. I love your prego belly! It is so precious! I am so glad everything is going well for you and your new precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine knowing your baby boy is in your belly and you can't quite yet feel his soft little body in your arms. only 11 weeks to go! Just remember how quickly your first 11 weeks went and it will fly faster than you can blink! I'm thinking of you and can't wait to see you and Bradley at your shower!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...