.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wow! 24 Weeks

I am here to the pivotal milestone of 24 weeks, and very excited! If you look to the right, I posted another belly picture. I swear it feels twice as big as the picture looks--maybe that's just cause I'm looking down at it! Here are the updates:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

I had my 6 month prenatal checkup yesterday as well as my glucose screening test. The hubby was able to go with me this time because he is out of school for a few weeks. Hopefully the test results are good! My mom had GD with me. The checkup went good, HR in the 140s as usual. Fundus was measuring at 22 weeks, but she said that is fine. Next appt. is in 4 weeks, then we go to every 2 weeks!! We are getting close :)

In other news, we got Nick enrolled in a second class for the late 8 week term, and corrected his major to the right one. Today we were going to go down to Elmore City to see his family but evidently overnight his sister has contracted some type of GI disturbance and is on quarantine. So instead we are going to go talk to the realtor about listing our house!!

I do have one complaint to vent about...the neighbor behind us is a middle aged woman who lives with her son. They moved in less than a year ago, and haven't been very neighborly to say the least. Blaring music outside, dog barking at all hours...well for the last couple of months her large dog has somehow gotten into our backyard and destroyed some of our lawn furniture. We have tried to contact her several times about it but she won't even answer her door!! So after I went in our backyard and saw the damage it had done, I left a note on her door last Friday telling her she needed to do what was necessary to keep her dog in her own backyard and fix the fence. Her dog has dug several holes under the fence, and has caused the fence to bow in and it has since broken and is laying on it's side!!! Has she done anything about it??? NO. GRRRRRR. I just want to go pummel her. Why are people like that?

On a different note...here's a sunset picture I snapped yesterday while driving to the city.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have a nice pregnant belly! I bet you are enjoying every minute of it! It's so hard to believe Bradley will be here so soon it really has gone by so fast. I can totally relate with the dog in the backyard ordeal. Our junkyard neighbors next door has two big dogs one is a pit bull. That dog has knocked down a whole panel of fencing that Brock has semi fixed and secured with a heavy ladder until summer. But that dogs cornered us in our backyard while burning brush one time. He's chased down our dogs and been destructive as well. My Father in law (who lives across the street) threatened our neighbors he would shoot the dog if it corners his daughter in law again. So I totally sympathize! Just be careful dogs can be mean if they are mistreated by their owners. You are two in one these days :0) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belly is too cute, I know I panic everytime I see it because it's like I forget you're actually pregnant until I see you lol.

    That sunset was gorgeous!

    I'm glad you've made it to 24 weeks and are feeling tons of kicks! Cherish every moment dear friend!

    Give yourself a hug for me! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belly...crazy how fast this has gone! I know you two are ready to hold that precious boy in your arms! I am ready for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your belly is growing!

    FYI: Come over to my page to check out the free diaper I am giving away.

    Love... Hot Belly Mama

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...