.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, March 31, 2009

7 Months and LOTS o' pics

We have had a very busy couple of days, so I am posting my "updates" a day late. For the few who read this--I apologize! But there is lots in store for you, so keep reading!

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

On to the news...yesterday was my 7 month checkup. All is well except for the fact that I did not pass my glucose test at my last appointment. They called and left a message on March 2 which I did not get because my machine ate the message (I have since gotten a new machine). Sooo that means I need to do the 3 hour test as soon as I can. Ugh.

The good news is according to my scale, I am only up 14lbs! Let's hope I do NOT have GD.

Now if you look to the right, you will see I have posted a new monthly belly picture!! And you will also notice how much bigger I have gotten. I am starting to fill out my maternity shirts! I can only imagine how big the next picture will be :)

Don't worry--there is more pictures! I took a trip to Hobby Lobby (my fave store ever) and picked this up for the nursery. It will go on a shelf on the wall next to a little zebra carving.

Next is this. You recall the theme is jungle/safari? Well I found this purely by accident, and it was so perfect I had to get it--and I got it 40% off!! It is a little coat rack thing for the wall.


If any of you are wondering if I have gotten anything set up in the nursery yet, no I haven't and not because I don't want to--it's because the nursery is actually going to be at the house that we are moving into after we sell ours, and it still needs a lot of cleaning out before it's even ready to paint. So that is what we have been in the process of doing...moving furniture and crap. I should be able to paint the walls within the next couple of weeks, then hopefully start putting the crib and wall deco in there at least.

Last but not least!!! Today was my 3d ultrasound and (besides Nick) my friend Sara and my mom came to witness it. Unfortunately, the entire time we were there, Bradley would NOT cooperate at all!! Somehow, he was perfectly content to have his legs AND arms extended in front of his little face. I tried walking around, sitting up, jumping...nothing changed it. He is very stubborn!

We did get a few pictures of his nose when he parted his arms, but that was it!

^2d pic of face profile


^3d pic of partial face...nose and mouth in middle, elbow on right side


^This is pretty much what we saw the whole time...no idea what is what!

Thankfully, they were very nice at the boutique and set up a repeat appointment for next Tuesday. Let's hope he is unfolded by then!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know what you can see of his face he does look like you! He is adorable! Your belly is growing nicely and I'll be thinking about you for your Glucose test. Tell Bradley I said hello :0)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...