.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nursery Ideas!

I haven't actually bought any of the big stuff for Bradley's nursery yet, so I thought I would post and at least show you my tentative ideas for the theme:


We have decided to go with the jungle/safari theme, and I particularly like this set because it is so colorful, and not too cartoony. And of course it had an adorable matching lamp and wall decor that go with it!! My plan is to paint the walls one of the khaki colors (we will be in an apartment) and then hand paint letters spelling his name out above his crib, probably one of the dark greens. As for the letters, I have bought the B and the R. I'm just getting a few here and there, I'm in no hurry. I want to drag this out as much as I can!!!

I wasn't quite sure when I should start buying the big stuff--crib bedding, crib, car seat, etc. I'll be 23 weeks next week, and I think my baby shower will be around the end of April. So probably around the end of March?

As for the crib...I have thought about, and I love dark cherry wood, but our next house is probably already going to have dark wood floors, and I don't want too much dark furniture. I am leaning toward white furniture in the nursery, because a white crib would be a whole lot easier to repaint/repair for long term use. Also if I find other pieces of furniture that work in the nursery, I could easily paint them and decorate to match! Keep in mind I am very frugal and have no intention of blowing tons of money on furniture/decorations. A lot of it I'm going to make myself, like wall art and curtains. And when spring gets here, that is the perfect time to start hitting up garage sales because we all know that baby stuff only gets used for a few months till it's outgrown!

In closing, I most likely will buy a new crib, just because I will know that it is in good shape and warrantied, and I definitely want a convertible one so that it can grow with Bradley. So here is a picture of what I am thinking...

5 comments:

  1. Kandy - I love the theme that you picked. We painted Cameron's nursery yellow because I was just so wanting to get started right before we knew what we were having. We decorated with Winnie the Pooh, but just recently changed it to Mickey Mouse. I used an overhead projector and printed some pics of Mickey off the internet and then drew them on the walls and then painted them. It was easy and so much fun. I was just happy to be able to do something that I knew he would like and well he LOVES it!!

    We bought a new crib and it converts to a twin bed which will be perfect for him soon and then eventually to a full size bed. Gotta love the fact that you can keep using it.

    I am so excited for you. Enjoy every minute because time flies and before you know it...you will be holding that little miracle in your arms : )

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white nursery furniture and I love the crib you are thinking about getting! Oh and your Colorado pics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wanted to let you know that I had to delete my blog. LONG story, but I'm still following yours and I'm still on myspace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww too cute! I bet you are so excited to be preparing for Bradley's arrival!!! Your shower is not far off and June is not far off either! Your going to be a mommy so soon! That's sooo exciting!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the nursery theme that you chose for little Bradley...your choice of white furniture is so practical especially when you'll find additional pieces that might be other stains and finishes, and can easily be painted white....garage sales, garage sales, garage sales, girl! muah

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...