.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, February 16, 2009

My Squash, and Weekend Trip

I am 22 weeks today, and Bradley is already up to 1lb and almost a foot long!!! I can really feel him moving around in there at times, and it is getting easier for Nick to feel him too. We are very excited about his arrival this summer!!! I had a question about where I found the updates on his growth and the website is babycenter.com. Here they are:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

As for our trip--we had the best time!! We rented a car Friday morning and arrived at our resort in Colorado Springs, CO Friday evening. Saturday we enjoyed the light snow that was covering everything, then headed up into the mountains to see Pike's Peak. Later that evening we treated ourselves to a New York strip steak dinner for Valentine's Day, then relaxed the rest of the evening together. Sunday we checked out and got breakfast, then hit the road and got home just after midnight Sunday night!! The beautiful scenery there just reinforced our decision to get out of Oklahoma and move on to better things!! Here are the pics:


2 comments:

  1. He's growing fast!! We need to all plan a time to get together! I haven't seen you since my B-day! I bet your belly is sooo cute!!!! Glad to hear your trip was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? I can't even see your baby bump! LOL

    Love the pictures... as long as I'm warm inside, I don't mind seeing snow outside, but I don't think I could live there! Gorgeous scenery... especially that view from the lobby!

    Glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...