.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, February 9, 2009

21 Weeks

Only 3 more weeks until the 3rd trimester is here! I'm still amazed that I'm even pregnant, much less 2/3 done with it. I'm a little sad that it is coming to an end soon, but then again I am going to enjoy being bigger and so obviously pregnant that everyone will know! I can finally be one of "those" people :) Here are the updates for the week:




Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

This weekend is Valentine's Day, and while I think it is an overrated holiday that is meant for dating couples who want to impress each other, we are semi-celebrating it by a weekend trip to Colorado Springs, CO. The way it worked out was Nick and I had been wanting to go to CO for awhile because neither of us had been. My friend Sara decided to book a surprise trip there with her hubby and told us we should come along. So we said "Sure!" and booked ours. Well when she told her hubby about it he didn't want to go so they cancelled the trip, but we are still going and looking forward to it! We like to take roadtrips here and there, and I'm looking forward to what Colorado is like. We leave Friday morning and return Sunday night, so be looking for a big post next Monday with pictures from the trip and a 22 week update!!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip. I love your new header. His hand picture is so clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, think of it as your pre-babycation! All couples should do at least one before the baby comes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bradley is getting bigger and bigger! You two have lots of fun-you'll be glad you two got away when you did! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've visited your blog, but I don't think I have since you've been pregnant. I scrolled back several months and I'm just tearing up thinking of all you've been through and where you are now. It's so refreshing to read that all of this is working for someone. Yes, I have my little Cannon - but I'm referring to all the women I've met on blog world who are still trying to conceive. I keep a close watch on a couple of the girls and I was just thinking the other day..."someone has to have some success soon from all of the procedures we are going through". Therefore, I'm so glad you commented on my blog which prompted me to check up on you. We're still working on a sibling for Cannon. It'll happen. I'm just thankful for women like yourself that are willing to share your story so I can have more perspective while going through the presumed upcoming procedures. Sorry so long-winded! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you find the comparisons/pictures/info. with fruit? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...