.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holy Guacamole!

I'm a day late, but yesterday marked the 16 week milestone!! I can't believe I'm already this far, and for you who just recently found out you are expecting--it flies by!! I still have a little belly, still no weight gain, and I SWEAR I felt kicking on my way home from work today. Here are the updates!
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avacado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

The bad news is my handy dandy ghetto ultrasound at work no longer works for me because she is too big to see!! I can only see appendages and bones, and can't hardly make out what I'm looking at. That makes me a bit sad, but we have a really nice one down in the ER--I just have to convince someone to use it on me when they're not busy.

Other than this, we still have bunches going on with the house, land, my job, and his school. Also an anniversary coming up!! I am wanting to stay at a B&B in Guthrie for it, so check back for the one we decide on.

One last special treat...belly pictures! Sorry for those who like full body shots, but this is all you will be getting from me. These are just about ALL after a 12-14 hours shift at work, so that doesn't make for very pretty pictures :)



3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Now you'll be feeling that baby kick constantly! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love your belly pics. Your so little, but I see that little bump. How exciting that you are feeling her kick! Cherish every one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! I can't wait to start doing belly pictures! I am praying so hard and desperately that this cycle works! Thanks so much for your prayers too!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...