.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 8, 2008

Lime in the Coconut...

The weeks are just flying by! I'm already at 12 weeks, and yes things are still going fabulous. A lot of bloating the last few days, but I have actually lost weight so far! I still don't think I'm showing at all. When I lay down, I don't see a bump at all. Or really feel one for that matter. Here is the fruit picture of the week and her current growth status:



The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


Over the weekend at work I once again snuck a peak at my babykins. She was in there all jumping around. After that since I kind of knew where she was, I tried with the doppler and found the heartbeat!!! It was 144 at that time. So when I got home that morning, I got my new fancy doppler out and was able to find it with that too! Me and Nick laid there and listened to it for awhile--it was 156 then. I tried again the next morning (after getting set up to record it) and of course couldn't find it again. Maybe next time!! But it was so amazing to hear it. I kept finding mine, but of course when the baby's is found it is obvious. I promise I will post an audio clip on here as soon as I can.

Nothing much else going on here, just working a bunch. Nick is looking forward to Christmas break, and I am looking forward to the new year! My NT test is this Thursday, so I should get a bunch of US pics to show you all! Check back then.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!! And how lucky you are to have that equipment at your fingertips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost weight? What? You need to start eating for 2 girl! Ok, I'm a complete idiot. Last week was crazy and I wasn't thinking and ordered all my meds, totally forgetting about getting with you about your leftovers. I'm so sorry! There is so much going on right now, I don't have room in my brain for some things. I'm sure you could sell it on Ebay, or I might even need extras of stuff next month. Please forgive me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your SOO tiny you probably have 3or 4 more weeks before emmers shows herself on you! You'd be suprised your womb can hind anywhere and everywhere between your spine and your tummy. You'll be allllll uterus when you do start showing and once she gets here you'll be thankful to have your body return nicely to the "before" baby body and have a beautiful baby on your hip to prove it! :0) Your so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! How lucky you are too have all that equipment at your fingertips as Lianna said! Amazing! I will start my shots again on Dec. 22! I am ready, and scared, and hopeful, and nervous, and EVERYTHING! Please keep praying for us!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...