.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally Some Christmas Pictures!

I promised I would post pics of my decorations, and here they are! I didn't take any of the outside lights because they are pretty minimal--just a line along the roof and some little white light trees. Not to mention the barrenness from the lack of grass, leaves, and SNOW. But at night it is simple yet elegant! Inside is where I love to go all out, and if only I could capture the pine and bake apple pie scents wafting through (from candles of course)!



^Christmas tree with new tree skirt and ornaments

^Kitchen table

^Fireplace decorations (notice the bear?)

^Coffee table knick knacks

^Couch and window decorations

^My little village on the back of the piano

^Banister in entry way

^Table in entry way



^Last but not least, this is Crisp. He is a handed down, hand carved bear that looked a little "crispy", so we named him Crisp. We dress him up for Halloween and Christmas!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Yesterday was my 3 month prenatal checkup, and everything is looking great. My CF screen was negative, and everything on my chromosome screening was normal so we are looking great in that department. HR was in the 150's and strong. The next appointment is on January 26, which will be AFTER I find out the sex!!!! I can't wait! Only 5 more weeks.

In other news, Nick and I are very excited to be buying some land here in the very near future. Today at 2:30 we are going to look at some acres in a new addition, and to talk to a builder about some house plans. I don't think I had mentioned it before, but we are planning on moving to the semi-country and building a custom Victorian house. We will be putting our house up FSBO hopefully in early March 09. After we sell it, we will temporarily live in an apartment until our Victorian house is built. So little Madilynn/Bradley may spend their first months in an apartment, but that's just fine cause then they can spend the rest of their childhood in a beautiful one-of-a-kind house!! I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

  1. I love your tree! So pretty! Glad to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy. A Victorian house in the country sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so see you in a victorian house in the country! what a great thing to strive for and a great way to raise your family. we love living in the country in our little cottage. way to go!

    I have my first trimester screening this monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love living in the country.... you will, too! It's so nice to have land & I'm almost jealous you're building a place! Too sweet!

    Thanks so much for the advice on the PIO. Today wasn't so bad, which is nice! ;)

    PS-- I LOVE the name Madilynn! Bradley, too, but I got my vote on a girl for you...

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...