.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 1, 2008

Fig Newton and a Video!

I'm here at 11 weeks along, and this is my weekly update for size and growth:



Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


And for the neatest part! I think I mentioned how at work we have this primitive ultrasound machine...well Saturday night I had some free time so I "borrowed" it in an empty room and got a really good side view of Emmers. The funny thing was after a few seconds, it looked like she was trying to push and kick the ultrasound probe away!! It was so neat. Of course then I didn't have my camera, so I decided to bring it last night and try for round 2. It took a bit longer to find her, and I didn't get as good of a view, but you can still make out what she's doing in there!





My first trimester chromosomal screening is next week on the 11th, and other than that I really don't have much going on. Just work work work! I can't believe it's already December. I put all of my Christmas decorations up on Friday morning, and it looks mucho festive in my house. My hubby has just 3 more weeks until he is off for break, then it will be 2009! A HUGE year for us!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kandy -

    I am not sure how I found your blog, but I did and wanted to tell you that after reading more about your story I am thrilled that you are expecting a baby through IVF. I too am a proud, ok a very proud Mommy to an IVF little boy due to turn 2 on January 6th. So happy that your dreams of becoming a Mom are finally going to come true. Congrats. I will definitely continue to follow all your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing! How lucky you are to be able to do that every weekend. I'm so happy for you and can't believe you are already 11 weeks. I hope to join the pregnancy club with you soon! I'm going to get a list of my meds and get in touch with you about your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just found your blog through your posting on myspace!

    Love that you got to do the u/s! The videos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! What I wouldn't give for access to an ultrasound machine! That's so awesome. You and I are only two weeks apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's Emmers!! That is totally cool you can do that whenever you want. Just think in a few more weeks your bellies going to start poking out! So EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...