.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 6, 2008

New OB Class

Today I went to an OB class at my new OB's office by the hospital. They just started doing this class last December for newly pregnant patients. It was pretty informative, except for the fact that I've already done soooo much reading and research on everything that I had pretty much already heard the pregnancy info before. We got a bunch of pamphlets telling us about the OB services offered, like lactation consultants, birthing classes, and infant/toddler CPR. Also they gave us a map to show where exactly we need to go when we go into labor (which is actually very helpful because it's a HUGE campus and I would very easily get lost).

Then they drew the blood for my prenatal workup, and I went ahead and had them tag on the test to see if I'm a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. I don't think I am--it doesn't run at all in my family that I know of--but hey, it wouldn't hurt to know for sure. I will be returning for the first official prenatal checkup on the 19th, and they will discuss the lab results with me then.

One thing they gave me there was a sample of these sucker things for morning sickness. I'm not having any--thank God--but I grabbed a few just in case! They are called B-natal in case anyone is interested! I think they're basically B6, but hey whatever works!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by!
    Congrats on the little bean! Sounds like you guys have been praying for a little one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...