.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks



I am going to try and start blogging about my life and the happenings in it, not just about doctor visits and my lack of morning sickness. Maybe that will make it more interesting for those few readers out there!

So today is finally Thanksgiving--the big bang to start off the winter holidays. I love this time of year (as do most) because it is just so dang festive. You get to decorate your house, cook your annual feast, and see family. Since I've been a nurse, I've worked on just about every holiday--if not out of requirement then for the extra money. This year is no different. I just got off of work, and today is my one day off before I go back for 3 more. I may be a bit delirious from lack of sleep (I've been up since 8am YESTERDAY) so I will try to make sense!!

7 Things I am Thankful for in My Life

1) My dear husband Nick of almost 6 years for being my rock and support through better or worse, and being able to trust him 100%

2) My nursing career that began right out of high school and has been a bumpy ride, but has brought so many awesome experiences and opportunities my way that nobody else my age has had

3) My parents for eventually seeing me as an adult and not a little girl, and for being able to depend on them when they are needed

4) God for sticking by me, even when I question his plan. For giving me the strength to get through the hardest times, and the knowledge to learn from my mistakes

5) Sara for needing me as much as I need her in my life, and for making me laugh, or for letting me cry

6) The low cost of living in Oklahoma (even though I really don't like it here)

7) The Center for Reproductive Health and the fact that my first visit there I cried because I felt so hopeless, and my last visit there I cried because I saw my baby move

*************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and don't forget to count your blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautitul post. I just love #7 on your thankful list. I teared up. Happy happy Thanksgiving. I think I was about 13-14 weeks pregnant with Cannon during Thanksgiving and I remember being so pumped about the free ticket to "pig out". I was so disappointed by the amount of food I could hold at one sitting and instead had to snack throughout the day! Hope you enjoyed eating today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post...I especially liked your last one :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...