.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, November 3, 2008

Blueberry Baby

Today is the 7 week mark! Every week is bringing us closer to our family. Everything is still going very well, I have a busy month coming up. First of all, here is what my baby is doing this week:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.




It's so amazing how fast it is growing, and it is still so weird and foreign to me to know that there is another human inside of me with a heartbeat! I know it's going to be crazy when I start feeling him/her moving! I can't wait.

As for my upcoming schedule, this Thursday I have an OB class at my new OB's office where they give me some papers to fill out, info about pregnancy, and draw my prenatal bloodwork. Then I rescheduled my last US with my RE for the 12th, and yes I'm still sad our time is over with him! He is really an awesome doctor. After that I got my first OB appointment moved up to the 19th, and then they will do a US and a pappy, and talk about the next step. And by then, I'll be almost 9 1/2 weeks along!!

I just want to say how grateful I am to have gotten this far. Even if something bad happens, I will still have these few precious weeks (and ultrasound pics) to cherish for the rest of my life. And if everything goes great, I'll be a momma this time next year!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Look at your baby up in the corner!! IT's puffed out! I love it already!! I'm so happy for you, this blog just about made me cry!

    I love you girly- I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing! I hope I will have some good news to share with you in 9 days! Keep praying for us. This is the hardest part I think...waiting and waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the comments! We ended up being a day 3 transfer...they are just keeping the embroys going to see if they can freeze any. Today would have been day 5 but they are wanting to keep the other embroys going to see if they can make it to the blast stage. They are just moving slowly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby is growing fast! Before you know it Jan will be here and you'll be finding out what your having! Nursery Decorating TIme!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...