.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sooner Than I Expected

I went in this morning for another US and blood draw. Since it's a Saturday it was a lot less hectic than usual. Dr. Haas drew my blood himself, than grabbed a nurse to assist him with the US. After he was all done counting and measuring, he looked over all of the numbers and told me we are going to do the retrieval on MONDAY!!!! Things are moving along nicely, and he gave me a ton of directions to follow from now until then and I had to write everything down to make sure I didn't forget one single thing!!

Today will be my last Lupron shot, and tonight I do my trigger HCG shot at 11pm sharp. Then tomorrow (hopefully) will be a shot-free day! Sunday evening I start an antibiotic, and will be NPO after midnight. Then Monday morning at 8:30am the hubby and I are to be at the office for the pre-op stuff with my painkiller and Progesterone shot in hand. The retrieval will be around 10am or 11am. Then after that I'm just basically watching for symptoms of hyperstimulation.

He also said he expects to do the transfer on Thursday or Saturday, but most likely Saturday. So after I left the office, I proceeded to call my husband and my best friend Sara to give them all of the updates for next week!!! I can't believe that this time has already come. I know the next couple of weeks are going to be soooo stressful and I'm not going to know what in the world to do with myself!!

I asked him about how many follicles it looks like will be ready for the retrieval, and he said there are about 3 that are really big, about 6 that are just right, and a few more that will probably mature by Monday. So it looks like maybe 10-12. May they be the best 10-12 I have in there!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is all going by so quickly, I can't believe your retrieval date is already here! That's very exciting! Praying for lots of good follicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I bet you are loving no shots tonight! I just didn't know what to do with myself at 9:00 p.m. the first night I didn't have to give myself shots! I had 54 total, so I was pretty used to it!

    It will be wonderful tomorrow! Drink lots of water! Prayin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are welcome!
    thank you's. keep us updated on your future babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's post procedure now-but I can't imagine how excited you were before hand! I can't wait to hear how everything went! I am praying for you and your husband! You two deserve this/these baby/ies! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...