.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Week to Go

Today I went in for yet another ultrasound and blood work with the Haasmeister (I call him that in my head...it makes me laugh). They were running behind this morning so I had to wait for awhile. I was also supposed to bring in the backup sample from hubby, which accidentally got left on the counter because I was in a hurry...so he is a bit perturbed with me. Oh well, that just means I get to see Dr. Haas AGAIN tomorrow morning! Oh, and Friday morning because I have another US and blood draw then too. We're actually becoming BFF.

As for the ultrasound, he measured and counted all of my follicles so far, and said that I will probably have a "modest" amount that will be mature enough to retrieve. That's kind of a speedbump in my thinking, but I'm trying not to let it dishearten me. What I'm really worried about is the quality of the embryoes and how well they develop. If they tell me there are none that are good enough to freeze, then I'll get worried.

The good thing is, I still have a whole week left until the retrieval, so a lot can happen to my follies. I'm still waiting on the phone call from him now to let me know if I need to change dosages of anything. Which brings me to the next subject at hand...

I received 1500 units of Follistim at the beginning of all of this. Well I've been using 200 a day, so that only equals 7 1/2 days worth. I will be taking it longer than that, so I ordered a refill today for 900 more units. Grand total for a TINY vial of miracle drug?? $725! OUCH. Makes my ovary hurt, LOL.

3 comments:

  1. One week that's so exciting!!! It does seem as though you and Haas are becoming quit the BFF lately! ;0)
    Good luck with all that you have to get done this week-can't wait to hear about the retrieval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right! I made my Christmas shopping/card list today! Holidays here we come! hurray! :0) The good news on your end of things isn't too far away and that will be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am keeping you in my prayers...I have been there, done that....but think of the wonderful prize at the end of this journey. It WILL be worth it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...