.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another drug, and being tagged!

Hello there, thank you for reading! First of all, my lovely and beautiful internet friend in Tulsa tagged me on her blog to answer a survey, so here you are Krysta!

1. Who is your man? Nick
2. How long have you been together? Together off/on for 2 yrs, then married for 5 1/2 now
3. How long did you date? officially about 6 months, but dated for a month couple years before that until he moved away
4. How old is your man? 27
5. Who eats more? I do when we're together, but I think he does when I'm gone....
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did
7. Who is taller? He is
8. Who sings better? I do, but he's not so bad
9. Who is smarter? If it's computers, him...everything else, me
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine can get bad, but he has less control over his
11. Who does the laundry? Me
12. Who takes out the garbage? He does
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do
14. Who pays the bills? Anything that starts with a $ goes through me
15. Who is better with the computer? See answer to question 9
16. Who mows the lawn? He does with MUCH nagging
17. Who cooks dinner? I do when I'm off, but he helps alot
18. Who drives when you are together? I do usually cause my car is more comfortable
19. Who pays when you go out? He does, but it all comes out of the same bucket
20. Who is most stubborn? We both have moments
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He is cause he's usually wrong, LOL
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine
23. Who kissed who first? I kissed him first when I was 12 at a Braums HAHA
24. Who asked who out? It was mutual
25. Who proposed? Again, it was just understood that we would get married
26. Who is more sensitive? Sometimes me, but he can be pretty emotional
27. Who has more friends? Well I've got more acquaintances, but we're about the same
28. Who has more siblings? We each have 2
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Definitely me, but it works out great this way!


Now that that's done, I tag Sara since she's the only other Blogger I know!


For my next drug, I will be starting Lupron injections on Sunday. They are supposed to arrive via FedEx today on my doorstep. Only a couple more weeks until I start THE cycle!! About Lupron:

To treat infertility concerns, a GnRH analogue (agonist or antagonist) is used:

  • To closely time and control ovulation before an assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedure by shutting down the pituitary gland. This is called "pituitary down-regulation." At the same time or afterward, an ovulation-stimulating medication is used to trigger ovulation, with the goal of harvesting good-quality eggs on a predictable schedule. Increasing numbers of doctors are now using a GnRH antagonist (instead of a GnRH agonist) at the same time that ovulation medication is used, quickly suppressing the luteinizing hormone that can cause early ovulation.

3 comments:

  1. That was fun reading your answers! And thank you for explaining Lupron. I'm glad you won't have to be on it very long and you get to start your cycle soon! Wishing you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kandy. Krysta is the connection girl, isn't she! Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.
    Good luck on your IVF cycle---it's not near as bad as you may think. I was terrified, but knew as you do--we'll do whatever it takes to become parents and we will get through it. I took Lupron---still have some in my fridge actually. Hope I get to use it again before it expires!
    If you have any questions, or just need some encouragement, let me know. It is a long process, but an exciting one! I pray it would bring you and your husband closer and you would receive a huge blessing in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Kandace! It sounds like you are getting closer to your first cycle! You know I'm praying for you! This is a very exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...